WLF-WLC Staff Alumni Association
The Staff Alumni Association was created in 2001 in order to offer a network of past and present camp staff in an effort to preserve an affiliation with Alumni staff and Wisconsin Lions Camp. Wisconsin Lions Camp is an experience we all share. We believe in the vision of enriching children’s lives by guiding them through a quality camp experience. The Staff Alumni Association gives former camp staff the opportunity to connect with old friends, meet new friends, share the Lions Camp adventure with their family and help ensure that this tradition continues.
WLF-WLC Staff Alumni Association Activities
The Staff Alumni Association has multiple activities throughout the year to promote the connection with Lions Camp. In the fall, they hold the Staff Alumni Association Weekend Retreat over Labor Day weekend. Over the years, 15-20 families have participated sharing in the memories of their counseling days and sharing the magic of camp with their families. Plans are being made to assist camp in promotional efforts to area Lions groups as well as to assist with recruiting efforts. Finally, different activities will be planned to help support the current counselors each summer.
- To assist the Camp Director and the Wisconsin Lions Foundation in camp promotion efforts. This includes recruitment of potential summer camp staff and camper candidates.
- To maintain a camp alumni network.
- Facilitate an annual meeting.
- Provide an Association newsletter to members at large.
- Schedule events such as WLC retreat weekends for members and their families.
- Membership outreach.
- To assist the Camp Operations Manager in organizing and facilitating an annual Staff Alumni Retreat.
- To be available to assist WLC in appropriate work projects which may defer camp funds to other necessities.
- To review the WLC funding requests and contribute per Association Board vote with majority ruling.
- To offer support to camp staff.
President: Aaron Boller phone: 715-581-5781 email: email@example.com
Vice President: Jay Staus email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Mike Reed email: email@example.com
Treasurer/Membership Chairperson: Dale Waas email: firstname.lastname@example.org