This program is open to Blind or Visually Impaired Youth who meet the following criteria. Because the program is free of charge, we reserve the right to accept or deny camper applications. Due to current coronavirus concerns, we are currently restricting the program to 100 attendees per week and to campers who will be ages 10-17 at camp time.
- Age 6 – 17 at camp time, with any of the following degrees of vision loss:
- Totally blind
- Legally blind (20/200) or side vision of not more than 20° with correction
- Low vision – vision of 20/40 Snellen or less with correction
- Vision in one eye only
- Placement in a program serving Blind or Visually Impaired students, attending the Wisconsin School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, or eligible for itinerant or other support services even if not taking advantage of those services.
- Functions socially and behaviorally with a ratio of one staff to six campers, with a total of 150 campers in Camp.
- Independent in their self-care skills (toileting, dressing, bathing, eating). Campers who use wheelchairs must be able to handle all self-care needs and mobility needs including transfers.
- Resident of the State of Wisconsin or attending school in Wisconsin.
The Camp Director reviews all applications to determine if we can ensure a successful camp experience for the camper. Once that is determined, campers will receive a confirmation packet or a letter from the Camp Director denying the application.Apply Online
Obtain a paper application by sending us your mailing address to email@example.com