This program is open to Young Adults with Intellectual Disabilities or Autism who meet the following criteria. This program is by invitation only with a lottery system used to select campers. Because the program is free of charge, we reserve the right to accept or deny camper applications. Due to current coronavirus concerns, we are currently restricting the program to 100 attendees per week.
- Age 18 – 25 at camp time, who meet all the following requirements:
- Previously attended Wisconsin Lions Camp as a youth camper.
- Educationally or socially functions as having an Intellectual Disability or Autism.
- Can be managed socially and behaviorally in a group with one staff person and seven campers, with a total of 100 campers in Camp.
- Independent in their self-care skills (toileting, dressing, bathing, eating). Campers who use wheelchairs must be able to handle all self-care needs and mobility needs including transfers.
- Resident of the State of Wisconsin or attending a school/college in Wisconsin.
For questions or more information regarding this program, please contact Michelle. email@example.com