This program is open to Youth with diabetes who meet the following criteria. This program uses a lottery system to select campers for each session. Campers must notify us which session’s lottery they would like to be in by February 1, 2023. Because the program is free of charge, we reserve the right to accept or deny camper applications. The program will be restricted to 125 attendees per week at this time. Depending on how things change over the next few months, this number may be lowered or raised.
- Age 10-16 at camp time who meet the all the following requirements:
- Has a current diagnosis of type one or type two diabetes.
- Was selected for camp in the diabetes lottery.
- Is at least one-year post diagnosis at Camp time.
- Functions socially and behaviorally with a ratio of one staff to six campers, with a max of 125 campers in Camp.
- Independent in their self-care skills (toileting, dressing, bathing, eating). Campers who use wheelchairs must be able to handle all self-care and mobility needs including transfers.
- Resident of the State of Wisconsin or attending school in Wisconsin.
The Camp Director reviews all applications to determine if we can ensure a successful camp experience for the camper. Once that is determined, campers will receive a confirmation packet or a letter from the Camp Director denying the application.