This program is open to Deaf or Hard of Hearing Youth who meet the following criteria. Because the program is free of charge, we reserve the right to accept or deny camper applications. The program will be restricted to 150 attendees per week at this time.
- Age 6 – 17 at camp time, with any of the following degree of hearing loss:
- Deaf or profound hearing loss.
- Mild to severe hearing loss (25 – 90 db loss) without amplification in either or both ears.
- Educational placement in a program serving Deaf or Hard of Hearing students, attending the Wisconsin School for the Deaf, or eligible for itinerant and other support services even if not taking advantage of those services.
- Functions socially and behaviorally with a ratio of one staff to six campers, with a total of 150 campers in Camp.
- Independent in their self-care skills (toileting, dressing, bathing, eating). Campers who use wheelchairs must be able to handle all self-care needs and mobility needs including
- Resident of the State of Wisconsin or attending school in Wisconsin
The Camp Director reviews all applications to determine if we can ensure a successful camp experience for the camper. Once that is determined, campers will receive a confirmation packet or a letter from the Camp Director denying the application.